On birth control and taking Loestrin. Missed period, headache and nauseous. Could I be pregnant?

Mar 2013
Hi .I've been on this birth control (Lo lo estrin for about 5 months now I used to be on Loestrin 24 fe for about two years and then I made the switch to the lower dosage. Recently over this past month or so I've been having sex. I recently missed my period and the month before that (when I wasn't having sex I missed my period as well. Also since i made the swirch to the lower dosage i have not had sex ubtil this month .l also feel extremelly bloated and today I had a headache and felt kinda of nauseous .could I be pregnant?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
On the pill, a missed period or a scanty period is the norm, so do not worry.
With the lower dosage in fact, if at all, you should have had spotting as a breakthrough, due to inadequate hormones.
The bloating, headache and nausea also are side effects of the birth control, and hence cannot be reliably pinpointed as being due to pregnancy.
As you have consistently been on birth control, the possibility of pregnancy is remote.
Please take a pregnancy test anyways to make sure that you arent pregnant.
Continue taking the pills as usual, do not take any breaks.
Take care, and feel free to address any follow up questions to me.