On birth control. Had intercourse. Having abdominal cramps, back pain and sore breasts. Pregnant?

I had sexual intercourse on the 12th january. I am on the pill. I had a bleed for 3 days during my pill free week. I finished taking the pill on the 14th and commenced again on the 21st. the past two days I have abdomial cramps, lower back pain, headaches, sore breasts. I a so worried I am pregnant as I heard you can get pregnant on the pill and still have a withdrawal bleed. is this true.
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 23 minutes later

The failure rate of pills ranges between 0.1-2%.
I recommend you to wait for your next periods.
If you miss your periods then get a urine pregnancy test done.
And Ultrasonography to be more sure.

Your symptoms of abdominal cramps lower backache may be due to premenstrual syndrome. You are likely to get your periods shortly.
Sore breasts and headache is due to hormone progesterone in the luteal phase of the cycle.

Since you are on pills, less likely you are pregnant.
So relax and wait for your periods.

Hope this helps. You could write to me back anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer