On birth control. Chances of getting pregnant after fingering?

Excellent

Question
I have a question that is nothing more than me being paranoid and seeking reassurance. My girlfriend is worried because the other night I had a drop of pre-seminal fluid/pre-cum on my finger, which I wiped off and several minutes later, inserted the finger which was completely dry of fluid at this point, in her vagina during intimate time (we do not have sex). She is on birth control but had accidentally skipped that day.

She is worried some kind of residual may have been on my finger and although it was pre seminal and as far as I know wiped off and dry, she worries it may have had sperm in it and may override her birth control and cause her to get pregnant. I know this would be a huge fluke but I just wanted to make sure the fear is irrational. Thank you very much.
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 days later

Without undue explanation, let me get straight to the point. The practical chances of pregnancy when there is no deposition of semen within the vagina is negligible. I would say as it as close to impossible. In addition, since you also say you wiped your fingers dry, there is no way that your partner can become pregnant.

You could ask your partner to stay relaxed. Be rest assured that there will not be any pregnancy.

Hope this suffices. I will be available for further assistance if needed.

Best Wishes