On beta blocker 25mgs. Having shortness of breath, chest pain and sore muscles. What should I do?

Hi Iam a 28 yr old female that's on a beta blocker of 25mgs. I have shortness of breath & just feel so horrible with chest pain going down my left arm, sore muscles. Feel like an old lady and a zombie. I want to stop this drug asap as I don't like the side affects . What should I do ? Also a mom to 3 boys and can't keep up with them because of this medicine
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 2 hours later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, betablocker is used for chest pain (angina), high blood pressure and irregular heartbeats. You may experience dizziness, lightheadedness, drowsiness, and blurred vision as your body adjusts to the medication. Because beta-blockers may reduce blood circulation to the extremities, your hands and feet may be cold. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur like chest pain (worsening of symptoms), dizziness, trouble breathing. Betablockers may exacerbate heart failure in patients with decompensated or precipitate heart failure in those with preexisting myocardial dysfunction and borderline compensation. If you have angina or have had heart problems, do not suddenly stop using this medication without first consulting your doctor. If your doctor decides you should no longer use this medication, you must stop this medication gradually according to your doctor's instructions as many alternate anti-hypertensives are available which can be prescribed. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks