Ask a Urologist   »  

On antibiotic for UTI. Getting irritated skin due to cleaning. Is there anything to use on it?

i've just had a UTI and am just finishing the antibiotic today. The skin in that area is irritated from going and cleaning so much. is there anything i can put on that to help it "heal"?
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Fungal infection can develop during antibiotic course.

You can apply Candid/Nystatin Cream locally twice daily.

Don't apply soap on affected area. Just wash with water. Don't rub to clean.

You can take Tab. Fluconazole-150 daily for a week.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,