Ask a Dentist   »  

On antibiotic after root canal treatment. Got bumps. How long will it take to get cured?

i had a root canal a week ago and the dentist also drained my abscess.. i was on antibiotics for 2 weeks and the bump was still there... the bump is much smaller but still there... My question is shouldnt the bump be gone by now... or is there another problem..
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us,
I would like you to know that abscess usually takes 15 days to disappear completely,
Sometimes when the infection is severe,it may take longer.
But the question is that do you still have pain in tooth?
I would recommend you to use an antibacterial mouth wash for a week(twice/day)and,
Warm saline rinses(3-4 times/day).
Do not worry, you will be fine within a week's time.
I hope this answer was useful,
If you have any further queries kindly write back.
I wish good health.