On antibiotic. Developed a yeast infection both oral and genital. What can I do to get rid of it?

I was taking 4 rounds of antibiotics for a couple of conditions (mostly Bactrim) and developed a yeast infection both oral and genital. The oral has since subsided but I am having a hard time getting rid of the genital one. I have been tested for all STDs and have shown negative. I feel a burning sensation but it is mild. My questions are:

1. Does this still indeed look like a yeast infection?
2. What can I do to get rid of it?

I have attached photos that show what I am talking about. It seems my scrotum skin feels irritated as well. I have been using Nystatin cream but it does not seem to do much for me. I also took 10 days of Diflucan. However, I was taking it at the same time as Cipro. Any help is welcome.
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to HCM

Yes, infection on your penis, seems to be due to yeast.

The most common cause of itching on scrotum, is also fungal infection.

To cure fungal infection, you have to avoid simultaneous use of antibiotic.

You should continue application of Candid/Nystatin cream twice daily. In case of no relief, you can apply Quadriderm/Surfaz-SN cream locally initially.

You have to take one more course of Difulcan.

You should take pre & pro biotic capsule also.

You should stop use of soap to clean glans and scrotum. Just wash with water. Don't rub to clean scrotum and penis.

You should get your blood sugar (F & PP) tested.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,