On amlodipine, ramipril, simvastatin, high BP, erectile dysfunction. Take viagra after viapro?

Oncologist
Question
i am aged 61 years.i am 150 lbs. i am presently taking medications like amolodipine ,rampiril, simvastatin for treatment high blood pressure.my pressure is now at 127/79.i suffer from erectile dysfunction & find it hard to have sex.i have ocassionaly taken herbal VIAPRO to help me.can i take VIAPRO a few hours before taking VIAGRA.can i drink alcohol while taking viapro & viagra
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 22 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

Your question is a very good one. As you know, medications and supplements such as Viagra and Viapro do have side effects. Some of the side effects can include dizziness, a mild drop in blood pressure, facial flushing and nasal congestion.

What we want to assure in your case is that we do not do anything to exacerbate the side effects of these medications.

My recommendation regarding alcohol is that yes you can safely consume alcohol BUT with a restriction to no more than 2 alcoholic beverages or shots of hard liquor during the 2 hour period prior to taking the Viagra. This is because the alcohol can have an additive effect to the Viagra causing some dizziness and blood pressure drop. If you drink more than 2 beverages of alcohol it could cause you to become very dizzy and possibly you could faint or pass out. It would also limit the therapeutic effect of the Viagra and your erections will not be as strong.

I again thank you for your query. I hope you found my answer to be both helpful and informative. Should you have any followups I am available to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga

Follow-up: On amlodipine, ramipril, simvastatin, high BP, erectile dysfunction. Take viagra after viapro? 2 hours later
my main question was can i take herbal VIAPRO with VIAGRA. which was not addresed.

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for the followup.

I do not recommend taking Viapro at all with Viagra. There is no proven statistical benefit of improved function with this combination and I caution you that combining Viapro with Viagra could possibly be XXXXXXX Until there are large studies which show true safety of combining these two things then I would be negligent to say that it is safe to do so.

Thank you again for your query. I remain available to answer any followups.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga