On accutane. Diagnosed with chlamydia and taken antibiotic but have burning and feel pressure when urinating. Side effect?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I am on 20mg accutane per day and was diagnosed with chlamydia two weeks ago. I've taken the chlamydia antibiotic but I still have some burning and feel pressure when urinating. Does the accutane react negatively to this antibiotic? I'm worried it hasn't worked and I still have chlamydia...
Or is this just a case of potentially being treated for chlamydia again?
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Accutane does not affect most of the antibiotics.

Detailed Answer:
Accutane does not affect the efficacy of antibiotics taken for chlamydia infection. The persistent burning and feeling of pressure could be due to associated urethritis caused by the chlamydia infection.
You can get your repeat urine examination done to detect any bacterial load. Most of the times such symptoms can be controlled with drinking plenty of fluids, fresh cranberry juice and taking mild anti inflammatory medicines after consulting your urologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.