On abilify for mental problem. Having difficulty in sleeping. Suggest good sleeping pills

I am taking Abilify for my mental problem. It makes me so hard to sleep. I take 4 med's for sleeping: Mirtazapine 45 mg clonazepam 2 mg quetiapine 300 mg pregabalin 200 mg But I only sleep less than 7 hours a night. Please suggest a few good sleeping pills for me to try. Best regards! XXXX
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Other options Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Its quite clear from what you have stated that you are having a resistant insomnia. The drugs that you are on are good drugs. But if those are not working for you then the other options are zolpidem, eszopiclone, temazepam, oxazepam, chlordiazepoxide. Other than this get your blood pressure checked and also get a thyroid levels done. Start some exercises in the morning and cut down seriously on alcohol and caffeine in tea coffee or cola. If there is any stress in your life try some relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, biofeedback exercises etc. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.