On Zyrtec and ranitidine for allergy. ALT level in blood work is high. Is it due to the medication?

My allergist prescribed Zyrtec and ranitidine 150 mg(2x daily) for allergy symptoms. I drink approx 1-2 glasses of red wine with dinner daily. When I went for blood work my alt level was 36 all other levels were within normal range. I am a 52 year old female. Is the elevation due to the medication and how do I bring it with normal range?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I am a gastroenterologist. I dont the elevation in alt is due to mrdications which you are taking. It may be due to intake of wine. However there are few very common and treatable cause of this elevation like fatty liver which is found in obese or overweight. Some viral infection like hepatitis b and c. However this elevation is insignificant. What all you have is to decrease intake of wine and do regular exercise at least 30minute per day. Also if you are obese or overweight then reduce your weight. I hope I have answered your query. Wish you a good health