On Synthroid. Blood test showed T4 value 1.3 and TSH 0.005. Having weight gained. Dosage?

I have been on synthroid for 7 months now, just had a blood test and my free T4 value is 1.3 and TSH is <0.005 my Dr says I'm at an appropriate levels after having my thyroid removed. my dose is 150mg but still tierd can't loose weight, exercise daily, can barley run 6 miles (that used to be a short run), tierd, still not myself. I was hoping to have my dose increased or am I where I should be after 7 months
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems fair

Detailed Answer:
For 'differentiated' thyroid cancers, the protocol is to suppress the TSH to below 0.1 and keep the free T4 at the high normal range. Your labs appear to be compatible with this goal. This needs to be done for 5 years after the cancer is removed at which point one is presumed cured of the cancer, provided the cancer markers in the blood are undetectable along with an Ultrasound of the neck showing no remaining thyroid tissue. Sometimes 'Whole body scans' are performed to ensure cure.
With this type of intentional 'over-dosing' of the thyroid there can be problems like worsening of osteoporosis or angina or irregular heart rhythms. Hence, an endocrinologist is best trained to manage all these situations.

It would be unreasonable and unsafe to give you a higher thyroid dose at this point.