On Ramipril, bystolic and atorvastatin. Any problem if I take Garcinia Cambogia with these?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
Hi- i just heard about Garcinia Cambogia for weight loss ( Dr. Oz on TV) I currently take Ramipril (2.5mg) , bystolic (2.5mg) and atorvastatin daily. Any problem here mixing the Garcinia with these?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No,there will not be any problem.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

No,it will not cause such problem.
You can take Garcinia Cambogia along with medicines you are already taking like Ramipril,Bystolic and Atorvastatin.
Common side effects of Garcinia are nausea and headache and that occurs if taken in large amount and it rarely occurs.Liver toxicity may also occur in very high doses.
There is no interaction with antihypertensives and hypolipidimic drugs,so you can take all drugs easily.

Wish you for good health.

Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: On Ramipril, bystolic and atorvastatin. Any problem if I take Garcinia Cambogia with these? 13 hours later
Hi Doctor- Thanks so much for a quick reply. Are you aware of the maximum daily allowances (dosages) for this product? I bought one that is 60% HCA and 1560 mg with potassium (187 mg) component. They recommend two tablets before each meal 3 times a day but i thought i read somewhere a maximum of 3000 mg should be consumed daily but i cant find that reference. Any thoughts ?

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reference found

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.

Please find the reference for 3000 mg per day maximum dose at the following link.

WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you for good health.

Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX