On Progon B by Bezwecken. Recently switched to compounded pharmaceutical progesterone. Suffer anxiety and restlessness. Suggestions?

I had been on Progon B by Bezwecken a natural progesterone for years, I take one small 8.75 mg. a day. Recently Bezwecken quit making the product and I was switched to a compounded pharmaceutical progesterone taking 20 mg. capsules 3x a week and noticed a difference in how I felt, anxiety and restlessness. My saliva test all show low progesterone levels even while on the progon B and progesterone. I felt good while taking the progon B but not so much on the pharmaceutical progesterone, I've gone down to 2x a week this week I thought maybe a little more potent, any suggestions.
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please review your hormone intake by an expert.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
Women, who have a history of breast cancer are usually advised against taking progesterone supplements. So, I am wondering, has some Gynecologist or Endocrinologist prescribed you these progesterone supplements or you are taking them on your own, as there is a theoretical risk of recurrence.
Moreover, post menopausal women are usually given a choice of symptoms. Estrogen replacement is actually what is desirable to overcome most post menopausal symptoms. Role of progesterone is only to counteract the unopposed actions of estrogen in women with intact uterus. Taking progesterone alone is not making any sense to me.
Anyway, coming to your question, your new progesterone is certainly more potent than the natural one.
I strongly recommend you to consult your Gynecologist to get an expert opinion upon the supplements you are taking to save you from any undesirable effects. However, you reserve the right to make a final & informed choice to improve your quality of life.
Hope I have given you some helpful suggestions.
Wish you good health.