On Primolut N tablets, had DandC and iron transfusion. Started bleeding. Suggest?

Dec 2012

Hi im on Primolut N tablets, 2x 50mg x 3times a day. I had a d and c on monday and iron transfusion on tuesday and started bleeding on Wednesday and started the Primolut N on Friday. Am I suppose to stop bleeding now? or should I go back to the hospital
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give it a couple of days (say 3)

Detailed Answer:

Normally after a successful D&C bleeding should be for a limited amount of time, say a day or 2 but if it persists beyond those days, it is possible that the D&C might not have been completed or uterine atony has developed. You may feel a little ill, mild abdominal cramps and mild bleeding (spotting) etc and if any of these symptoms seem to be severe, then you must go back to the hospital.
Normally with primolut bleeding should be able to be controlled in a very short time.
Just hold on for another 2-3 days before you can go back to the hospital.

Hope this helps and wish you the best
Dr. Nsah