On Lisinopril, Metoprolol, Dexilant and Alprazolam. Suggested for CBX w/AutoDiff. What is this for?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am on 13 different medications: Lisinopril, Metoprolol, Dexilant, Alprazolam, Seroquel, Ventolin, Tamulosin, Oxygen (at night), Wellbutrin, AndroGel, Oxycodone, Metforum, & Fenofibrate. I recently received an order from my Dr. to get a few blood tests, however, one of them is: CBX w/AutoDiff, V58.69 Long Term Use of Other Medications. Do you know what this test is used for besides a routine health checkup?
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 56 minutes later
The CBC with auto differential is a routinely ordered test during annual physicals and other routine checkups, as it is an inexpensive and easy test to run that provides a lot of information about the patient's health.
The differential count measures the different types of white blood cells and compares their amounts to the total count. It is usually done by a machine (automated differential) but it can be done by a technologist who hand-counts the cells using a microscope (manual differential).
This test is a part of routine check up and is not related to the medicines you are taking.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.