On Lisinophril for High BP, 18 year old. Is it ok to take centrum with Lisinophril ?

Hi,Im a hispanic eighteen year old male about 5'7 and weight 165 and I'm currently on lisinophril 2.5 mg daily for hereditary high blood my question is that is it okay if i take a centrum with my lisinophril cause I've heard you can't take any potassium supplements with lisanophril and centrum contains 80mg of potassium and i take a centrum daily so is it safe to continue?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
You are right that potassium supplements are avoided in patients taking Lisinopril as it can cause high levels of potassium in blood.
However it should not cause any problem to you as the dose of Lisinopril you are taking is too small and hence you may continue taking centrum but your doctor must know about it.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: On Lisinophril for High BP, 18 year old. Is it ok to take centrum with Lisinophril ? 1 hour later
Thanks a lot Dr XXXXXXX I really appreciate your answer it was very helpful and very relieving thanks again!
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
Feel free to ask any query any time
Best of luck