On Hydrocodone. Stopped medicines. Having diarrhea. Is this withdrawal symptom?

I was put on 10 mg of Hydrocodone for 3 weeks I was given 40 pills. I was given these for a car accident which I had pain. I stopped them about a week ago and now I can't stop having diarrhea or the feeling that I have to go. My stomach is just unsettled. They did constipate me bad as well. Im guessing this is a withdrawal symptom. If it is what can I do to settle my stomach? I know it shouldn't last much longer but for now its pretty annoying. Any suggestions?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lomotil will help you.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The diarrhea that you are having now is due to the withdrawal symptoms caused by stopping hydrocodone. This is usually a self limiting symptom and this diarrhea is likely to improve in next 5-7 days.
You can take an over the counter Lomotil - Diphenoxylate and atropine tablet thrice a day for symptomatic relief.
Be sure to take adequate fluids to replace the lost fluid and electrolytes. Do take a light and easy to digest meals for a few days. Avoid oily, spicy foods, caffeine and alcohol.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.