On HGC diet. Having pain in the kidney. Should I be worried?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...I juststarted the hgc diet on Thursday and I am having kidney pain. At first I thought it was ok because it was just one but then the other started hurting later today. I have begin to drink a lot of water due to the diet. What could this be?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 13 hours later

There are variable reviews about HCG diet amongst the medical fraternity, whether it really helps or the short / long terms effects are larger than the benefits. I have no personal thoughts about it and I usually go with FDA recommendations. FDA yet has not recognized the HCG diet as safe method for weight loss.

Now coming to your query, you say about kidney pain, Do you mean abdominal pain at the lumbar region on both sides? Do you have fever, vomiting, pain during urination? You did not enter the gender and it raises more questions.

Consuming more water is a good thing to do, but that does not solve your problem.

Hence you can go this way.
If you have abdominal pain, more than 6/10 (pain scale) or associated with above symptoms, I suggest to get evaluation by your primary physician.

If you have more information please keep me posted, I shall be available to answer them.