On FemHRT and suffering from side effect. Taking Estrace and have sweating and hot flashes. What do you think?

U have been on FemHRT for several years and now that it's no no longer available in Canada I have been suffering major side effect since July . I started taking Estrace and separate progesterone bills on Oct 7th and I still have sweating and hot flashes, not 3 times per hour , 24/7 like before , but several times a day and night. Otherwice I am healthy with no diseases or medical conditions
is FemHrt low dose generic available in Canada or how can I get FemHRT in Us
Thank you
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Trade names in Canada given; is prescription drug

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

FemHrt contains norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol. This is available in the following brand names: alesse 21, alesse 28, brevicon 0.5/35, brevicon 1/35, cyclen,
estalis, estalis-sequi, estracomb, linessa 21, linessa 28, marvelon, min-ovral 21, min-ovral 28, ortho-0.5/35, ortho-1/35, ortho-7/7/7, ovral 21, select 1/35, synphasic, tri-Cyclen, tri-Cyclen Lo, triphasil 21, triphasil 28, triquilar 21, triquilar 28.

These are the available trade names in Canada. But this is a hormonal supplement and is thus a prescription drug, and in Canada and US it is even more strict. So you will have to visit a doctor for the same ma'am.

I hope this information helps you. Please feel free to contact me for any further clarifications or information. I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.