On Blood thinners due to a drug eluting stent, and suffer from ED. How can I increase my sexual libido?

Jun 2015

I am on Blood thinners due to a drug eluting stent,and suffer from ED.Can I increase my sexual libido without endangering my health ??
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 26 minutes later

Regarding the problem of Erectile dysfunction, it is due to decreased blood supply to the penis.

Studies have shown that maintenance of erections has been attributed to platelet accumulation in the penile venous system which obstructs outflow of the blood, as a result individuals on blood thinners may have difficulty in maintaining erections.

There are certain medications like Phosphodiesterase inhibitors, which maintain erection by increasing blood flow to the penis.
They act through a different mechanism than the blood thinners.

So, it will be better to consult your treating physician & discuss regarding this.

Performance can be improved by having a diet XXXXXXX in fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts & honey.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.