On Benicar, Propranonol, and Amlodipine. Have upper stomach pain. Safe?

I am on Benicar, Propranonol, and Amlodipine. Is it safe to take all three and if so could this be the reason I have a severe upper stomach pain?
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Omer 9 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query

As you have said that you are taking Benicar(olmesartan), Propranonol, and Amlodipine.

Following are the interactions between these drugs:

------ propranolol + amlodipine
propranolol and amlodipine both increase anti-hypertensive channel blocking ( so more decrease in blood pressure, synergism). Significant - Monitor Closely.

------ olmesartan + propranolol
olmesartan and propranolol both increase serum potassium, hence cause gas in stomach , buring sensation in stomach. Significant - Monitor Closely.

Benicar, Propranonol, and Amlodipine , all are known to cause stomach problems , nausea , bloating and acid reflux .

I would recommend that you need these medicines to control your blood pressure , so by adding stomach coaters like sucrulfate or omeprazole , will solve your problem

Hope this explains your query.

Feel free to ask any further questions.