On 4th day of period. Got some brown discharge with stomach cramp. Any reason?

HEYhey I'm on my period I been on for 4 days and its been light pink and some brown discharge on my pad but today it was light red and orange with some brown discharge and my stomach hurts on and off all day and since I been on my period I haven't been able to sleep at night and when I lay on my stomach and when I wake up it hurts so bad from me laying on my stomach but I can keep a pantie liner on all day and it wouldn't be much but my normal period is heavy and my stomach
make buublen noise on and off all day please help me
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
It is normal to have a gas and indigestion with mild pain abdomen during your periods. You can take an anti spasmodic to relieve your symptoms.
The light period that you are having for last four days is likely to be due to a mild hormonal disturbance. It is not suggestive of pregnancy. This flow is likely to increase over next few days.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.