On 30 solpadol a day and scared. What are the side effects?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I'm on 30 solpadol a day and scared I will die soon
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Solpadol contains paracetamol and codeine phosphate.
It is usually used to treat the pain.
Sometimes it can cause side effects like dizziness, lightheadedness, drowsiness, shortness of breath etc.
If you have taken more number of tablets than prescribed these symptoms can aggravate.
You should never take the drug in over dose.
And have to use the drug with doctor prescription only.
You should not use the drug with other drugs containing paracetamol.
And also it should be used with caution in people with decreased renal or liver function, known asthmatics, hypothyroid patients etc.
So consult your doctor immediately, told about the over-dosage of the drug and take treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: On 30 solpadol a day and scared. What are the side effects? 45 minutes later
So what damage is 30 a day doin to me

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 hours later

Over dosage of solpadol can lead to symptoms like nausea, vomitings, abdominal pain, liver damage, cardiac arrhythmias etc. can occur.
In severe cases liver and renal failure can also occur.
So better to consult the doctor immediately.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.