On 1500 calorie diet. Have gained weight and getting GERD symptoms. Looking for cure

I have gained 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks while on a 1500-calorie diet and conducting cardio 3-4 times a week, 30-40 minutes. Meanwhile, when I wake up in the morning, my stomach feels very full even though I do not eat past 6pm and I feel like I am burping a lot more lately and have a feeling in my throat that I constantly need to swallow. I would think this could be GERD but the weigh gain does not correlate.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

You are having symptoms of GERD and probable gastroparesis.
Check your blood glucose levels to rule out diabetes.
You may need medications like PPI and prokinetics for control of symptoms.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini