Oldage. Prescribed with renerve injection every alternate day. Is it safe?

hi my grand father is 85yrs old 5 years back a doctor prescribed him renerve injection and he was taking a shot of it every alternate day is it all right to continue with this injection.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Renerve injections contain methylcobalamin which is indicated for nerve related symptoms like numbness, paresthesias, etc. You need to get your grandfather's symptoms re evaluated by a neurologist. In case the symptoms are persistent then he may continue with the injections or if possible oral supplements after consulting his neurologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.