Old age, has fever and shivers. Appetite is poor, weight loss drastic. What to do next?

My dad is about 70 years old. He is unwell for about 2 months and has fever, shivering on and off. His appedite is poor. He had loss weight drastically. We sent him to hospital and checks will carried out on adominal, stomach, brain, urine, blood, 'limp notes', throat, etc. We are still pending for the results fr 'limp notes' However, it is still unknown what is the cause of fever. Most of the time, he has fever (38 -39 degree) and shivering during evening and night time. Can you advise what should be the next step ? What would be the cause for the fever and loss of appedite. Help please!
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 1 hour later

Thanks for posting the query.

Your dad has fever with evening shivering (38-39degrees Celsius), loss of appetite and significant loss of weight since two months. You say his check up was done including that on 'lymph nodes'? You say the reports on lymph nodes are awaited. Can you please tell me if you have received the other reports and what they are? This will help me to advise you better.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Awaiting answer to my query----with regards.