Okay to take oxyelite pro and methorexate together?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Iwould like to know is it ok for me to take oxyelite pro and methorexate together.
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 26 minutes later
Oxy elite pro is a fat burner which has been advertised widely and its exact composition and ingredients have not been specified.
Similarly there are no rational drug trials available to test its efficacy, safety and interactions with other drugs.
Because dietary supplements have not been thoroughly studied in the clinical setting, possible side effects and interactions with other drugs are not well-known.
So, it is not advisable to combine its use with a drug like methotrexate.
Its complete harmful effects on the body are not yet known and are difficult to predict.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.