Okay to take epidural spine injections for sciatica relief?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I plan to have epidural spine injections for sciatica relief. Presently I am on xalto. Any problems; any suggestions? The attending physician is concerned that there may be bleeding if xalto is stopped slightly before the procedure.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later
Brief Answer: stopped atleast 24 hours before the procedure. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. There is having a risk of forming a blood clot if xalto is stopped slightly before the procedure. It should be stopped atleast 24 hours before the procedure. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care