Okay to eat dark chocolate while having high blood sugar levels?

Hi, Recently I had developed a liking to dark chocolates. I had my glucose test done in 24 weeks and the result say 106. But still I am worried if it is fine to have 4 pieces of dark chocolate a day? Also I am using contact lens daily. I had read recently that lens during pregnancy can cause dry eyes. At times I feel the dryness in my eyes. So, should I avoid lens and switch to specs? Regards XXXX Hi, How can we confirm that the digestion is proper at this time? Also one my friends told if the stool floats in water then the food is properly digested. But mine is not like that. Also I have an increased urgency for both peeing and other. Is these all normal? This is my first pregnancy.... So lots of ifs and buts....
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Answers are below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Yes, you can have dark chocolates in the quantity you mentioned. There is no harm in the same. Yes, its better to avoid contact lens during pregnancy. They can affect the tear film and cause dryness. Your friend is right. Undigested food does cause the stool to sink. You may have to increase the fiber intake. This will help in digestion. Urgency to urinate is normal in pregnancy. Need not worry. Regards,