Oily skin with pimples, dark circles and sun burn. Can I use betnovate N & C?

Sir my skin is oily with pimples problem from long i have a dark circles under my eye and a sun burn on my face one of my M R friend has recommended me to use betnovate n & c mix togather and apply at night so pls guide me should i use as said by my friend
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please do not follow your friend's advice

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Betnovate N & C are steroid creams. Initially it will make your skin look better. Further use will cause steroid induced rosacea, acne flare ups, thinning of skin, redness and increased sensitivity to sunlight. Avoid steroids.
Acne is due to adolescent hormones and you will continue to have it till that hormonal influence is over.
Wash your face with a pH balanced face wash, preferably a one containing 1-2% salicylic acid. You may apply a gel containing clindamycin 1% in the morning over pimples and Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel at night over pimple prone areas. Get these prescribed by your doctor.
Avoid creams on your face. Avoid oil on your scalp. Diet is important. Avoid milk and milk products like cheese, chocolates, sweets, sugary foods and drinks. Eat a lot of fruits XXXXXXX in vitamin A (anything with lot of color).
For dark circles, sleep well, don't spend too much time in front of laptop/TV. Drink plenty of water. Eat balanced food.
You should use a gel based sunscreen in the mornings every 3 to 4 hours.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.