Off and on chain smoker of marijuana. Will it be seen in urine test?

I'm 33, 6'0 and 230 lbs. Not much of a frequent exerciser.
I have been an off and on chain smoker of marijuana.
I quit for 30 days, then started smoking chain for 3 weeks, quit again and now it has been 15 days since I have not smoked. I have a urine test in 7 days (which will be 22 days being clean).
Can I pass this urine drug test? How can I help detox my body or at least help myself.
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Marijuana urine tests look for the presence of THC-COOH which is one of the break down products of marijuana.
In general, it is thought that the products may be detected up to 14 days in the urine in persons who use it chronically and up to 3-4 days in persons who may be one off or infrequent users.This is when urine tests are used to check for very low levels (about 20 ng/ml).
If tests are used which look for slightly higher levels (these are the ones that are more commonly used- detect levels of 50 ng/ml or more), then , in the persons who uses it chronically, it may not be detectable after 7 days.

Since the drug test will be 22 days after use, it will likely be negative.

I hope this helps

Feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Off and on chain smoker of marijuana. Will it be seen in urine test? 50 minutes later
Hi, thank you for the reply. One last question. As my research suggests the the metabolites are stored in fat cells. Is is better to exercise and sauna baths to release these, or will it be worse as they will be released into the bloodstream. In other words, do you recommend sauna and exercise in these last 6 days?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 50 minutes later

There is the suggestion that the use of exercise and a sauna may aid in the removal of the metabolites from the tissues.It is used in alot of rehab centers to help the persons to detox.
There is little medical evidence or papers to say exactly how the detection rate will vary.
You can consider using the methods if they are available to you.

Wish you the best
Feel free to ask anything else