Occasional palpitation, mild hypertension. Taken metpureh. Medication changed to Asomex. Advice?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
i am49 /male/wt74kg/ht 5ft6/patience of occasitional palpitation for last10 years /now slight high bp at present 144/85/ used metpureh 50 for 30 daysthrough dr advice . ABOUT 10DAYS AGO ANEW DR ADVICE TO TAKE ASOMEX2.5 IN THE MORNING AT 8AM. TAKING THIS .PALPITATIONS OCCURS FOR LAST 3 DAYS.PL ADVICE WHAT TO DO NOW?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Asomex is S- Amlodipine. It is not likely to be associated with the palpitations that you are having. Since all your investigations related to your cardiac status were normal in 2001, it is high time that you got yourself investigated again to find out any organic causes for this new problem.
The cause of the palpitations could be due to :-
1. cardiac causes (Hypertension, arrhythmias)
2. lung related issues (exercise induced asthma, etc).
3. Hyperthyroidism
4. Anemia
Hence you would benefit by consulting your primary doctor and getting evaluated with a few tests as mentioned below- ‎
‎1. Complete blood counts
‎2. ECG in all leads with a rhythm strip in lead 2
3. Lipid profile , Blood sugar (Fasting and Post prandial), HBAIC,
4. Thyroid function tests
5. Chem 14 panel ‎
In case the above tests indicate any abnormality, further tests need to be done which include:-
‎ ‎1. Holter monitor
2. Echocardiography
3. Chest Xray
4. Lung function tests
5. Tread mill test

It is important to find out the exact cause after physical examination and above mentioned ‎investigations.
‎ Metpure H is usually effective in controlling such symptoms.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.

Follow-up: Occasional palpitation, mild hypertension. Taken metpureh. Medication changed to Asomex. Advice? 12 hours later
WHAT IS CHEM14 PANEL? ALL OTHER TESTS FROM 1TO 4 DONE ON 17 2- 11 . . NORMAL STUDY.LUNG FUNCTION TEST NOT DONE.CAN I TEST THIS TWO? WANT TO MENTION THAT I HAVE ACID,GAS , CONSTIPATION AND DANDRUFF PROBLEM . PL ADVICE .

Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Chem 14 panel is comprehensive metabolic panel which includes 14 tests to find out your chances of having a cardiac problem.
It is good that you have done all the basic investigations with normal findings.
Lung function tests will be helpful to exclude any pulmonary causes.
Having gastritis and esophageal reflux might also precipitate palpitations.
Taking antacids and proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole for 2-3 weeks continuously might help in reducing your symptoms.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.