Occasional mild chest pain. No previous medical history.

Ht - 157, Wt - 70, Age - 36
No Previous medical History. Recently facing mild pain on left side of chest occassionally.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Radhika 53 minutes later

You have provided me with good information. However, as I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply, please do not mind in answering the following:

1. Is this pain associated with sweating, nausea, dizziness or vomiting?
2. Does this pain radiate to neck, jaw, shoulder or upper back?
3. Do you have abdominal discomfort or shortness of breath?
4. Do you have family history of heart disease?

If you have any of the following I would advise you to undergo the following lab investigations.

1. Complete blood analysis.
2. Lipid profile.
3. ECG (electrocardiogram).
4. 2 D Echocardiography of the heart.

Sometimes mild discomfort in the chest could be due to acidity too. You can take antacids like Mucaine gel 2 teaspoons twice a day before food. Avoid all spicy and oily food too.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.