Occasional fever, abdominal pain, CT scan showed hepatomegaly with fatty liver. Prescribed Levofloxacin. Need expert advice

I have been having mild grade fever off and on and abdominal pain. My recent Cat Scan with Contrast showed the following. But my upper GI endoscopy came ut normal

1. Mild Hepatomegally with Fatty Liver
2. Minimal Mesenteric Edema / Congestion in the central region the abdomen with few tiny Messenteric lymph node in right illac fossa and central abdomen - Messenteric Panniculitis
3. Multilevel Lumbal spine anterior marginal Osteophytes.

I am quite concered, as to what might have triggered (I just receovered from a food poisioning 2 months ago since then I have not fully recovered).

My doctors thinks could be a bactarial or viral infection and has prescribed me levofloxacin and ordered the following lab work

hl, dl and mantaux,and liver profile

Please need some expert advise. I am quite concerened.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query and sharing your concern.

I think you should consult a gastroenterologist.

From the reports and problem that you have there are couple of common possibilities in your case are likely.

1. Infection: as predicted by your doctor.
2. Tuberculosis
3. Some liver problems.

The investigations that are advised are to throw some more light on these possibilities.

There is nothing to worry about, proper diagnosis and treatment is needed.

Just keep regular follow up with your doctor and go for investigations as advised.

In mean time:

Take light diet
Avoid tobacco in any form
Do not eat out side
Do not take any drugs on your own

Please consult a gastroenterologist if not done already.

I hope this helps.