Occasional feeling of electric sensations traveling from arm to leg with lightheadedness. Reason?

Nov 2013

I am experiencing occasional ( 1 -2 per day) electric shook tpe sensations that travel from my left temple down my left arm and left leg. I also experience some light headed XXXXXXX followed by a slight sweaty XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, there are two possibilities:
1. Sensory seizures- a kind of fits arising from the right side of brain.
2. TIA (transient ischemic attack)- due to lack of blood flow in the right side of brain.

The diagnosis can be confirmed by an MRI of brain, which would show any ischemic lesion in brain. An EEG would also help.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist