Occasional breast pain, continues to catch when trying to take deep breaths. What do you think it is?

May 2013
I have occasional stabbing pains on the right side of my right breast toward the bottom. It continues to "catch" for a few seconds when I take XXXXXXX breaths to try to relieve it. What do you think it is?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 33 minutes later

according to your history,

to exclude breast pathology-
you try to palpate to note the presence of any lump,
observe for any discharge from the nipple and for any changes in the appearance of nipple like retraction, dimpling etc,
consult general surgeon and undergo physical examination and mammography.

if you have cough associated with these symptoms better to exclude lung pathology also once by chest X XXXXXXX

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.