Ask a Urologist   »  

Observed blood in urine. Advised Aloederma, candiderma. Right?

General Surgeon
seeing blood in urine.
and 2 creams written by dr.
1. Aloederm
2. Candiderma + cream

these creams also using
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 20 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Blood in the urine can be caused by several diseases. It can be urinary tract infection, urinary tract stones. In some cases blood in urine (especially without any other symptoms) can be a first sign of urinary bladder cancer. That is why such symptom should not be neglected and diagnosed.

You have mentioned that doctor has given you Candiderma, Azithromycin and Fluconazole. This medicines are for fungal infection. Do you have any fungal infection diagnosed? And if yes, on what area?
Azithromycin is also for bacterial infection. Why was it prescribed?

If its about your blood in urine I suggest you to have some diagnostics. Urine analysis, urine culture test and abdominal ultrasound should be first. If no infection will be present, you should visit urologist and have cystoscopy of your bladder performed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Observed blood in urine. Advised Aloederma, candiderma. Right? 12 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. Yes, I think It is diagnosed and prescribed the creams. I am her brother, I guess it is urine release place. And I took and Doctor's appointment in 1 hour. Do u have any suggestions to ask the Doctor.
Before she got the urine infection too, and took the medicines for 2 months as doctor suggested. And that was long time ago ( almost more than 3 years ago ).

Other than these did not see any medical issues.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 5 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.

Its kind of strange way of urinary tract infection treatment. Maybe it would be better to find out what exactly causing it (fungi or bacteria) and prescribe proper treatment. Fungal infection can appear in this area due to long antibiotic treatment. So it can be a side effect of antibiotics.
As this is not the first urinary tract infection, she should ask her doctor to find the reason of this infections. Sometimes high blood sugar (diabetes) causes such recurring infection. And definitely doctor should be asked to do urine culture test. This kind of test will tell what kind of bacteria is causing an infection and what will be the best antibiotic.
Recurring urinary tract infection should be consulted with an urologist.

Hope this will help.