Obesity, CABG surgery in past, on medication of MR-heart disease. Cause of overweight ?

My age is 60; ht-175cms; wt-90kg.
In 2004,i underwent CABG surgery,then my wt was 74kg only. Doctors advised me then to control wt since it may increase in future.Somehow happened now it is 90kg.I regret for it.But Somebody told me that an injection called tiroid or similar to that,used in CABG will cause weight gain.Is it true?

I am having MR and taking the following medicines for heart.:
imdur 60-1,lasilctone 25mg-1, biselect 2.5-1,clopitab A 75-1,nikoran 5-2,flavedon mr-2,tonact 20-1

Is it my carelessness that caused obessity or any other medical reason. pl.clarify.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

There’s no such injection used in the CABG surgery which can cause weight gain. The weight gain is likely due to the excessive intake of the calories and minimal exercise.

My suggestion is to consult a nutritionist and ensure that you lessen the intake of the calories and also do some daily aerobic exercise for at least 45 min.

There’s no magical pill to reduce weight. Calorie restriction, especially avoiding the sweets and fried foods should really help.

I suppose there’s no medical reason for the weight gain and it is likely due to an increased intake of the calories.

However, I’ll suggest getting a TSH done to rule out hypothyroidism as that can also contribute to weight gain.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.