Obese and overweight. Is CProactive Protein blood test necessary to check for heart inflammation?

Yes should I get a CProactive Protein blood test to see if I have any heart inflammation. My younger brother died at age 55 in May over a diseased heart he never knew he had it. He was being treated for high blood pressure. My current doctor doesn't think I need it because I've never had high blood pressure. However, I'm very morbidly obese at about 65 pounds overweight and I'm worried. And I'm confused. What do you suggest?
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 3 hours later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concern.

Based on the information it seems like you are having heart diseases running in your family. We can't do any things to our genes so lets dive in the the factors we can change which in turn will change entire outlook.

Now being overweight is second additive cause for heart diseases. Here is how it effects, since every part need to be supplied blood by the heart, now the more of the body weight will need more blood to be supplied by heart hence heart has to work harder to pump the blood. So best way to give heart relief is the have lower body weigh. Hence reducing weight will be best thing to help heart.

Now to keep heart tuned up and healthy their is somethings that you can do.
1) Avoiding fatty and fried food.
2) Exercise 15 min a day for 5 day/week atleast.
3) Taking omega 3 fatty acid as a supplement does helps.
4) No smoking and No alcohol.

Please feel to contact me in case of further concerns.