Nursing mother. Ultrasound showed fibroadenoma. Planning to go for biopsy. Any suggestion?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I am breast feeding and 4 months ago I had an ultrasound which said it was a cyst. I had another one on Monday and it is the same size but the report said:
Hypoechoic ovoid mass consistent with a fibroadenoma. However there is a slight rind about this and the margins are mildly irregular. I am having a biopsy tomorrow what do you think it is. It is 4mm in dia
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 27 minutes later
From the description it seems to be a benign fibroadenoma. The mildly irregular margins are worrisome and may be suggestive of a malignant change. A biopsy will help in determining the exact type of lesion and its chances of infiltrating the surrounding tissues.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.