Nursing mother. Took Biotin. Should I stop breast feeding?

I took Biotin 1,000 mcg for week and i breastfeed i recently found out im taking extremely to much of biotin and i need to stop breastfeeding for a 3-5 days but my baby is use to breast milk he's having a hard time drinking the formula, its been 48 hrs since the last time a took a pill, Will it be safe to breastfeed him or stlil wait a few more days..
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 5 hours later

Thank you for your query.

You need not stop breast feeding at all. Even though you had been taking it unknowingly without any effect it shall not have any effect on the baby. You can safely continue breast feeding.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal