Nursing mother. Prescribed azee 500 for sinus problem. Is this safe?

i have a sinus problem, my doctors has given the medicine azee500. I have a 6 month old baby and he is on my feeding twice a day. will you recomend the medicine azee 500
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Azithromycin(the drug in Azee 500) is widely used drug for many indications.

It do passes in small quantities in breast milk.

By and large this does not lead any major issues in infants and safely used in mothers who are breastfeeding their child.

Please take the medicines as advised.Please do not take beyond the prescribed dosage and without advice from a medical doctor.