Nursing mother. Having back pain, headache and loss of appetite. Worried for pregnancy?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
Hey, am having funny feeling at last two ago, having backpain and heavy headache and I lost appetise whenever I try to eat the food tasteless and I got this shock bleeding pinky light and short that last ony 2 days before my axcally period start and its not normal as my usual period. So am worry am I be pregnant because I have 8 months baby who's stil breast feeding! Help me out doctor!
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It is unlikely for ovulation to occur during breast feeding.

However, presence of slight bleeding during lactation can be due to anovulatory cycles.
Anovulatory cycles mean that bleeding occurs in the absence of ovulation.
It is not possible to conceive during anovulatory cycles.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Nursing mother. Having back pain, headache and loss of appetite. Worried for pregnancy? 1 hour later
That means am not pregnant! Thanks

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 10 hours later
Hello and welcome back,

Well, it is difficult to be say with certainity whether you are pregnant or not. However the chances seems less likely. You can get urine pregnancy test to exclude the possibility.

If you still have more queries, I will be glad to answer.

Dr Shailja P Wahal