Numbness on hand after smoking. Am I having stroke?

My right hand has been numb all day after smoking crack. Am I having a stroke? I havent smoked another hit in over 4 hours and it's still tingly (not hurting and no pain...just feels like its been asleep all day...)
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 46 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Crack can cause constriction of the vessels. This can cause numbness in the hands or feet. Although it can also cause constriction of the vessels in the brain, the nervous system symptoms are not usually limited to the numbness. If you feel that your body may be dehydrated, take more fluids which can help for the vascular system and your heart to replenish the lost fluid. When somebody uses crack, he may not take enough water for a period of time.
However, if you feel that the numbness continues for more than an hour, go to the emergency to check the possible issues which may have happened.
I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Numbness on hand after smoking. Am I having stroke? 1 hour later
OK thanks for the quick response...yea it's JUST my right hand and mostly the fingertips really. It has been going on well over an hour though... I'm just a little freaked out as I've never had my hand feel tingly like this for that long!
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 3 hours later
I see. It could also be related to badly positioning of your arm if you have been sleeping on a chair with a dropped arm. However, it involve the entire forearm for numbness. I wish you a healthy life.