Numbness on face, tightness on throat, burning sensation on back and stomach gurgling. Required treatment?

I have a burning sensation on the left side of my back and stomach gurgling, my face is a bit numb and my throat a bit tight. I had a bit of burning before, but i ate late at night a burrito but i took tums and drank a lot of water.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 33 minutes later
Certain foods can stimulate acid secretion from the stomach, therefore can give you a burning sensation in your stomach area and even in your chest if the acid refluxes into your esophagus.
If these episodes of pain occur frequently you should look into modifying your diet: you should avoid or minimize tomatoes, coffee, alcohol, mints, chocolate, spices, smoking cigarrettes.
Regarding your back pain it could be either something related to your muscles, kidney or pancreas. A physical examination by a doctor would help determine the cause.
The tingling sensation and numbness in your face plus the sore throat seems its all from tue allergic reaction to shrimp that you described from last night.
You can consult with a doctor to see if an anti acid medication may be indicated.
Hope that helps!
Follow-up: Numbness on face, tightness on throat, burning sensation on back and stomach gurgling. Required treatment? 2 minutes later
I have a burning sensation on the left hand side of my back, i don't have stomach, though it sounds like my stomach is gurgling a lot.
i think i mislabeled my issues, since there is no pain in my stomach, it is just gurgling.
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 3 hours later
The gurgling is likely from your intestines moving and contracting more often. This is usually multifactorial and it is difficult to pinpoint the cause, however medications can do this, particularly if you got steroids or anthistaminics due to your recent allergic reaction. This "gurgling" should resolve on its own, and it is nothing concerning.