Numbness on face and neck, twitching of eyes. Diagnosed with Spinal stenosis

Infertility Specialist
Question
I was just diagnosed with spinal stenosis c4 c5 and c6 my eye has been twitching for two months and my face feels peculiar on that side around my nose and eye kinda like XXXXXXX ain't feeling. I have a numbness down arm from neck. Could eye twitching be a symton of this
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later
Dear,

All your symptoms are suggestive of the compression of nerves coming out of vertebral foramina C 4,C5 & C6. It appears that even other foramina might have started getting stenosed. Please consult a neurologist as soon as possible and get an MRI scan to know exact location and degree of stenosis. The treatment will be offered after seeing degree of stenosis. Please consult neurologist as soon as possible.

Please accept my answer

Follow-up: Numbness on face and neck, twitching of eyes. Diagnosed with Spinal stenosis 1 hour later
I already had a MRI just wanted too see if it could cause eye twitching as well my eye has been twitching for two months. I knw the tingling in mynarm is from that just wondering if would cause eye twitch.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 25 minutes later
Dear ,

Thanks for writing back.

Yes it could cause eye twitching and tingling in arms. These suggest your nerve compression is increasing. Please consult your neurologist for opinion on surgery or different modality of treatment.

Wish you good health.

regards,