Numbness in thigh, pain and lymph nodes in the area.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My thigh goes numb more on rt side but does effect both while standing with lymph nodes and pain in that area
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later

Numbness of both the thighs at your age is usually associated with a nerve compression at the lumbar region.

Investigations like X-ray lateral view of L-S spine and MRI (Magnetic Resonant Imaging) will help in determining the extent of problem.

The swelling of lymph nodes might not be associated with the numbness. Any infection in the legs might cause lymphadenopathy. The diagnosis can be confirmed with some simple blood tests and FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) of the swollen nodes.

I advise you to consult your physician for necessary investigations and further treatment. Till then taking methylcobalamin supplements can provide you a short term relief.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.