Numbness in one side of face, head, arm, pain in chest. Is this suggestive of a stroke?

Nov 2013

I experienced numbing feeling on my left side, my head and side of face that generates down my left arm, the pain also is located by the top left side of my neck chest area! I woke up at 130 am with blood pressure levels at 144 over 111 and major numbing affects on left side, can you telll me if this is signs of a pre-stroke condition or symptom of one coming on?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Numbness involving one side of body could be a sign of stroke, involving brain regions such as parietal lobe or thalamus. Pain may occur in strokes involving these regions.

High BP is one of the risk factors of stroke.

I would suggest you go to the ER to get a CT scan of the brain done.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist