Numbness in back, painful, cannot walk or sit straight, burning in back, back pain. What treatment should I go for?

Spine Surgeon
I have got numbness in my muscles on my upper back. Due to this I feel pain and can't walk or sit straight. I have to take support but then by taking support, my numbness increases and I feel burning sensation. It is around 10 months I am having this problem. But from past few months I am also facing lower back pain specially when I take support to sit which puts pressure on lower back. This is increasing day by day.
Please advise what could be the cause and what treatment should I go for.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for sharing your problem.

From what I understand you have upper and lower back pain with numbness which worsen day by day.

Based on the information you provided, I am unable to relate your symptoms to any major condition. We need to assess your condition systematically from clinical examination to investigations.

You need to get routine blood tests including uric acid; vitamin D; Serum Creatinine phosphoKinase (CPK) followed by X rays of the back. You may also need Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scan if necessary.

A competent back surgeon can be able to guide you through these tests. We will be able to determine the exact pathology causing your symptoms. So please get yourself seen by your doctor as early as possible to get to know the exact etiology.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Wish you good health.

Thank you and Regards